Welcome

Are you struggling to manage your weight? Read on to see if my knowledge, successes and failures can help you. Please comment and pass along to anyone who you think could benefit from this Blog. Be Healthy!



Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Ups and Downs of Calorie Consumption

As we lose mass, we don't need as many calories to get us through the day.  Kind of a bummer.  I work hard to lose weight and my reward is that I have to eat less!

Yes, but that is the wrong mentality.  Food is a fuel.  We don't need as much fuel when we don't have as much mass.  If we only eat for enjoyment or comfort, then fewer calories become an issue.  Since Christmas, I have lost exactly 25 pounds as of this morning.  That has also equated to a little over one hundred calories less I need a day.  It is really only two bites of a Snickers, but I kinda want those bites.

Just remember that long term when we are not trying to lose weight the caloric bounty can increase.  For me, I am trying to limit my caloric intake to 1000 calories less than my daily allotment.  So when I am done losing and am just maintaining, I get to eat +1000 but -100 or 900 more calories a day of bliss, I mean fuel!

No comments:

Post a Comment