Welcome

Are you struggling to manage your weight? Read on to see if my knowledge, successes and failures can help you. Please comment and pass along to anyone who you think could benefit from this Blog. Be Healthy!



Saturday, January 14, 2012

What to do with Cravings?

Two weeks in and I have cravings.  The deep down, from the core, gnawing cravings that are habitually easy to give into.  It can be tough.  With these inklings, in a blink of an eye, I can end up in a drive through or seeking out ice cream.

The way that I seem to be able to stave off these demon wants is to plan.  Take food with me.  I don't let myself get too hungry.  Indulge in small amounts.  Have a cheat day.

See what works best for you, but always try to remain in control.  If our actions control us, we can quickly spiral out of control and into a place where time and calories don't exist (except they do exist).

By taking planned meals with you, there is a greater chance that you will stick with your healthy choice, especially if you don't want your prepared food to spoil.  It is when I am super hungry that I eat ravenously and usually eat fast food or junk food.  If I eat before going to a movie or ballgame, then I am less likely to pig out there.  When needing a sugar or junk food fix, have someone order for you or pick a small amount.  That way that food can still be on the menu but in controlled amounts.  Lastly, schedule a cheat day.  Not so that you can do anything, but instead make smart choices that aren't quite as healthy.

Give yourslef a break, and don't try to be perfect.  Just keep going!  Today 233.6.

No comments:

Post a Comment