Welcome

Are you struggling to manage your weight? Read on to see if my knowledge, successes and failures can help you. Please comment and pass along to anyone who you think could benefit from this Blog. Be Healthy!



Sunday, January 15, 2012

Bulk Planning

My schedule is crazy.  I have 7 jobs and lots of driving to make ends meet.  To that end, I am away from home for most of my meals.  I have to plan for upto 3 meals and 2 snacks a day - like tomorrow.  Therefore, it is important that I have food that is relatively portable.

If you eat a lot of prepackaged food, you will find that your sodium levels get pretty high.  To combat that, you have to prepare meals.  That becomes difficult with my schedule.  The only answer, is to bulk prep.  You have to be ok with leftovers.  If you are. then you can eat well and skip all of the meals out.  This way you get to save yourself calories and money.

Tonight, I grilled 4 turkey patties and made 8 servings off whole wheat pasta.  Along with sandwiches, lean pockets, turkey dogs and a healthy TV dinner or two, I will be set for the week.  for sides, I made cauliflower fries (from Peas of Mind) and whole grain rice medley (long, wlid, wheat, bulger, red quinoa).

Down to 233.8 :)  How are you doing with your resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment