Welcome

Are you struggling to manage your weight? Read on to see if my knowledge, successes and failures can help you. Please comment and pass along to anyone who you think could benefit from this Blog. Be Healthy!



Wednesday, October 3, 2012

It's Hard Out Here for a Blimp!

Play on words from the Theme to the film Hustle and Flow.  It is hard to management your weight when you have tendencies to be overweight.  Mostly it is a habit issue for me.  Things get tough and I can get right back into my comfort zone: fast food, junk food, and sedentary leisure time.

This semester is busier then it needs to be.  The result is poor planning for the day's food and lack of time for exercise.  When I do have time, it is a deserved break.

I saw this coming.  I knew that I would struggle!  Now the question is what will I do about it. 

It might be easy to suggest that I self fulfilled the prophecy of having a bad semester.  Maybe.  Maybe I allowed myself the need to be rewarded.  But I really don't think so.  I think that I am smarter about who I am now and understand what my struggles with weight management are.  I think that I am still trying, but not consistently.

I think that this semester will be about survival.  While that doesn't sound very positive, I need to have SMART goals, including "R" - realistic goals.  Successshould not be undermined by trying to accomplish the unaccomplishable.  Why bang my head against the wall?

Instead, I will try to slowly get back to 200, but have the main goal of not gaining.  I am currently behind at work and it will not let up until December and holiday eating :(

No excuses, but I will be sensible about what I ask of myself.  215.4  I have wanted to be under 200 for my birthday for 17 or so years.  I am not sure that is attainable at this point, but I don't want to go backwards.

Truth be known, I am dissappointed in my efforts.  However, today is a new day with a new chance for healthy living.  I plan on living today healthy.  I will get good sleep and have the same plan tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment