Welcome

Are you struggling to manage your weight? Read on to see if my knowledge, successes and failures can help you. Please comment and pass along to anyone who you think could benefit from this Blog. Be Healthy!



Sunday, August 28, 2011

Fighting with my Goal

Goals are important.  Without them, we just wish.  I have had a goal for a while.  I have made long term goals and kind of hoped for the best.  In reality, for me, I need daily accountability. 

The last couple of weeks has been stressful, and my schedule seems to be controlled by others.  When that happens, eating and activity can lose their place in the priority scheme.  Long term goals are a good place to start, but success lies in the details.

If you were driving from NY to LA, would you simply have the goal of driving west?  I guess you could following the sun, but what if you got lost?  What if you have to make choices at night....ok nerds, on a cloudy night?  The point is that we need short term goals or plans.  We should use tools to help us to be knowledgeable about our choices.

Driving is a science that is made efficient by GPS.  We can know how much time or gas it will take.  Exercise science is no different.  We can examine calories taken it and expended.  We can monitor our weight to evaluate how we are doing.  We can even add more activity to help get to our destination.

Set goals, don't drive blind.

1 comment: