Welcome

Are you struggling to manage your weight? Read on to see if my knowledge, successes and failures can help you. Please comment and pass along to anyone who you think could benefit from this Blog. Be Healthy!



Monday, August 8, 2011

Accountability Revisited

I know when I do wrong.  I don't want to get on the scale.

This weekend was a good weekend.  I ate out once, thank you chicken express, but mostly planned well and ate heathfully.  I was down for the weekend.  This morning I was at 223.8.  It is so pleasing and rewarding to see the scale change that dreaded number.  Yet it can be so difficult to always choose the right foods, even knowing when the scale will frown on us.

When I stay accountable, regardless if the scale goes up or down, I am usually better about my choices.  Every day will not be a day that results in the scale lowering its numeric feedback.  That is ok.  No big deal.  Ideally, we want to maintain or lose more than we gain (obviously) but trying to be perfect or feeling guilty won't help you find longterm success.  Remember this is a mental battle for most of us, and you must give your mind a break. 

Either way, get on the scale.  Look online and understand what going to chicken express means to your calorie count, transfat intake, or whatever else.  Ignorance is not bliss.  That's what got us here to begin with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment