Welcome

Are you struggling to manage your weight? Read on to see if my knowledge, successes and failures can help you. Please comment and pass along to anyone who you think could benefit from this Blog. Be Healthy!



Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Finding Balance

Healthy living is about balance.  Between work and home, home and self, the force and the darkside.  I have trouble with over commitment and working too hard or at least too often.  Wanting to help and having a hard time saying "no", has led to imbalance in my life.  When I quit my last fulltime job, I weighed 45 pounds more than I do now.  I was unhappy and wasn't sure what to do.

I am not saying that you should quit your job, but finding a healthy balance creates wellness.  In a class I teach, we discuss wellness and how there are many areas, not just physical health.  We must consider social, emotional, occupational, intellectual, and spiritual health as well.  The wellness model is suppose to visually remind us of a wheel.  If one of the spokes breaks, the entire wheel has problems working.

We need balance in our diet and activity as well. The good news is we don't have to be perfect, is there such a thing.  I am working to be better, healthier and more balanced.  So far the results have led to a more complete wellness.

No comments:

Post a Comment