Welcome

Are you struggling to manage your weight? Read on to see if my knowledge, successes and failures can help you. Please comment and pass along to anyone who you think could benefit from this Blog. Be Healthy!



Sunday, June 26, 2011

No Relapse, No Excuse

My favorite CV exercise is race walking.  I have completed 2 half-marathons, averaging under 13:00 miles.  Not super fast, but I have passed some joggers :)  I recently have developed a pain in my knee.  It is uncomfortable enough that I limp.  I have stopped my training for the next event I have planned, because I don't want to hurt my joint further.

I am trying to find other ways of continuing my workouts.  Now cycling and swimming are the focus of my caloric burn.  Swimming is not easy to schedule and has limited options location wise, but it is an option.  The main thing is that I cannot stop moving, burning, losing weight.

Exercise adherence is a major issue with those who are trying to change habits.  Understanding your barriers and planning around them will give you a better opportunity for success.  Ask yourself why you don't stay active or exercise, is it time? or money? maybe location? or energy?  Know yourself and plan on how not to let yourself get it your way.  It is very important that we find success early and don't let the New Year's resolution syndrome happen, where are goals slowly slip away.  Make being healthy a priority.  Put being healthy (preparing meals, walking, going to the gym) in your calendar and schedule other things around it.  You, I, We have control...believe it, use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment