Welcome

Are you struggling to manage your weight? Read on to see if my knowledge, successes and failures can help you. Please comment and pass along to anyone who you think could benefit from this Blog. Be Healthy!



Monday, June 27, 2011

To Whom Much is Eaten, Much is Required

I decided that I needed a pizza today.  Small, but still over the caloric limit that I would want for one meal.  In the big picture, it is really no big deal, but for my small goals of losing weight consistently, this could reek havoc.

I am supposed to be at 220 on the morning of July 1st.  I currently stand at 223.6.  I will need to put in some extra effort and watch calories over the next couple of days.  I will still eat, as I don't want to slow down my metabolism.  However, I will need to choose low caloric foods that will still satiate me...fiber!

I will also stay extra active today and for the rest of the week.  I will see tomorrow if this hiccup cost me a day of calories or just slowed me down.

If I was maintaining or had general weightloss goals, this may not matter.  But I made a commitment and I want to stand by it, for myself, my kids, my students, my clients, and myself (ya I know).  It is important to me.  Too many non-specific goals have come and gone.  This time I put my foot down and told everyone that I was going to lose 10 pounds per month.  I want to be accountable, that leads to success.  Allowing myself an out, leads to the same place I have been.  I want more.  I deserve more, don't you.

No comments:

Post a Comment