Welcome

Are you struggling to manage your weight? Read on to see if my knowledge, successes and failures can help you. Please comment and pass along to anyone who you think could benefit from this Blog. Be Healthy!



Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Just keep Swimming

Since I have started my recent weight loss focus (June 1), I have lost 5.5 pounds.  So far, it has been about controlling my eating habits; smaller portions, more frequent eating/grazing, staying away from high glycemic foods, not drinking calories, and consuming more water.  I need to begin to add back in my activity plan, including exercise.

For the last two weeks, I have been able to be fulltime dad.  So I have been active, but I have not exercised.  I really want/need to enhance my weight management with exercise.  Unfortunately, I cannot do my favorite activity, walking.  I have a gimpy knee and it is really uncomfortable right now to walk.  I race or speed walk.  I am not the fastest, but I have done a half-marathon averaging 12:45 per mile.

Since walking is not an option, I will need to find something else to do.  I will be looking for places to swim and bike for the forseeable future.  I hope that works and my knee gets better.  Regardless, when one modality of exercise is lost as a choice, we all need to continue to find away to stay active.

No comments:

Post a Comment