Welcome

Are you struggling to manage your weight? Read on to see if my knowledge, successes and failures can help you. Please comment and pass along to anyone who you think could benefit from this Blog. Be Healthy!



Saturday, March 10, 2012

Vegetable and Fruit Alternatives

It has been said before that I don't particularly like fruits and vegetables.  It is not that I would rather have a tastier food, but instead, F&V tend to make me gag..."Like Totally!"

My son, who did not live with me after the age of 3, has the same response to those foods.  Interesting!

Regardless, it is even more difficult to balance your weight without the benefit of high fiber F&V to fill the belly.  I also miss out on the benefits of phytochemicals, ligians, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and fiber.

To "better" balance my diet, I have taken to juices.  V8 Fusion, for instance, is a source of F&V together.  With a juice, you of course get some of the nutrients, but not the same level as if the F&G was fresh, and you cetainly don't ge the fiber.  Furthermore, juice by itself can be a high level of simple sugar and might not even be 100% juice.

Dehydrated or Freezed Dried products are another option.  I just had a product called "Zip Fruit".  It was a package of freeze dried banana and strawberry slices.  I have to say that it was better than tolerable and less than craved.

My next task is to smoothie (can you use that as a verb?).  Fat free yogurt, frozen berries, maybe a mixed in veggie or two.  I am worried about this process.  I have the machine (the Ninja from late night infomercials) and the frozen fruit. 

212.4

No comments:

Post a Comment