Welcome

Are you struggling to manage your weight? Read on to see if my knowledge, successes and failures can help you. Please comment and pass along to anyone who you think could benefit from this Blog. Be Healthy!



Thursday, March 29, 2012

Get to know Yourself

Are you introspective?  Do you self-analyze?  Or do you not want to consider the negative or sometimes unhealthy choices we each make.

I teach a weight management course.  Last night the question can up about what could have been done better.  I asked for the feedback because I want the class to be better in the future.

From the participants mouths, accountability is the key.  The may be in the form of a group to meet with or even to meet with yourself.  It seems that is the sticking point.  People don't want to mull over things that haven't gone well.  We would rather discard our failures or atleast the non-successes.

When I have eaten poorly or am not in a current frame of mind to want to try, I don't weigh in and I certainly don't count calories.  Maybe you have been there too.  I simply want to make bad choices.  That, of course, can lead to unhealthy consequences.  Weeks or months without knowing what the results of my eating are tend to "accidently" increase my weight, among other health concerns.

Weight loss, unfortunately, doesn't happen by accident.  You have to pay attention, analyze and correct in the future.  You also must learn to do so on your own or face potential failure.

Don't be afraid to spend time with yourself.  Get to know the why's and how's of your eating.  Spend time looking over your diet and see where you could benefit from better portion control or healthier choices.  If you want to learn and grow, you have to study.  Now go sit by yourself and read a chapter!

207.2

No comments:

Post a Comment