Welcome

Are you struggling to manage your weight? Read on to see if my knowledge, successes and failures can help you. Please comment and pass along to anyone who you think could benefit from this Blog. Be Healthy!



Thursday, March 22, 2012

Do you have a Plan?

Having goals, like losing weight is great.  But you need to have a plan of execution.  How are you going to get it done?  That plan should have urgency so that procrastination doesn't creep in.  The real question then is, what are you going to do this week or even tomorrow?

I was explaining weight loss and someone said that I make it sound easy.  It is easy as a conceptual idea.  The main issue is that make it more difficult, mostly with poor execution.

We are ok with more activity, but not giving up food or soda or alcohol.  We don't mind diet management but don't want to sleep better.  I will change everything, but you can't make me log. 

Fine, but what are your results.  Today I'm 209.0  Three years ago I weighed 268.6.  It is easy to ask if the information that I am giving you is correct then why was I at an unhealthy weight.  The answer is easy too.  I was living a balanced life, and I abused my body.  I used time as a resource and food as a reward.  I didn't sleep and told myself that next week, next month, next time I would focus.  The switch cannot be simply switched.  Too many aspects of weight management are habit based. 

The first place to find change is between your ears.  Success will come, but you can't always control the timeline. Students, you know what I am saying?

No comments:

Post a Comment