Welcome

Are you struggling to manage your weight? Read on to see if my knowledge, successes and failures can help you. Please comment and pass along to anyone who you think could benefit from this Blog. Be Healthy!



Thursday, September 1, 2016

The Power of Positive Peer Pressure

We all can remember or if you are too old to remember, imagine a young child being peer pressured into doing something they didn't want to do.  However in the adult world, peer pressure still exists.

I have never been a drinker.  But at 42, I still have friends that want to be the ones to get me drunk for the first time.

But not all peer pressure needs to focus on a negative behavior.  Yesterday, my work mates and I set out some rules for weight loss to challenge ourselves to focus on our behaviors to increase the likelihood of success.  We will weigh in weekly to monitor our progress. 

A couple of usefull tips when trying to manage a behavior.
- make a public declaration
- be accountable
- have SMART goals
- reassess if needed.

242

No comments:

Post a Comment