Welcome

Are you struggling to manage your weight? Read on to see if my knowledge, successes and failures can help you. Please comment and pass along to anyone who you think could benefit from this Blog. Be Healthy!



Thursday, September 8, 2016

Living with Intent

I don't know about you, but my days get busy.  It can be very easy for me to lose my focus.

I want to: pray more, to be a better father, to be a better friend, to be more outgoing, to eat healthier, to exercise or move around more.  I want to be a good role model for the things that I talk about.  I want to be accountable and transparent.  I need to work on not being slothful, glutonous, or lustful.

But by the end of the day, most of that simply didn't happen unless I planned for it.  I need to pack my lunch or bring workout clothes.  I must have a quite time for prayer or God is only a fleeting part of my day. 

All areas of our lives must be in balance or something will go wrong.  Try to live without an active relationship with God, while understanding who he is.  It is regretful and inefficient.  Without social and emotional balance, your/my physical health will be at risk. 

Now that being said, trying to overhaul your life in one swoop is a dicey proposition.  Improve one behavior and make that new thing a part of your life.  Once that behavior is ingrained, add another.  Health and wellness won't happen by accident.  You have to plan for those victories. We can do it.

236.8

No comments:

Post a Comment