Welcome

Are you struggling to manage your weight? Read on to see if my knowledge, successes and failures can help you. Please comment and pass along to anyone who you think could benefit from this Blog. Be Healthy!



Thursday, September 15, 2016

Rowing Challenge

I believe that I have mentioned before that my employer offers a handful of wellness incentives throughout the year.  One of the programs includes a battery of fitness tests that we are offered.  The results that we get decide whether or not we get paid a monthly stipend.

In theory, if we are fit, then the employer pays less throughout the year on insurance premiums.  Additionally, the employer benefits from decreased absenteeism, and therefore higher productivity.

This year, instead of the battery of six different tests of strength, power and endurance, we can simply do a rowing test.  There is an equation that spits out your time goals based on 40%, 60% and 80% of your VO2 max.  Depending on your time in rowing 2000 m. on a Concept II row machine, you would receive $50, $100, or $150 respective to the percents above.

I am working hard on getting the $100.  The $150 time will be a future goal.  Right now, I have about 2 weeks to get the time I need to get PAID!  236.8

No comments:

Post a Comment