Welcome

Are you struggling to manage your weight? Read on to see if my knowledge, successes and failures can help you. Please comment and pass along to anyone who you think could benefit from this Blog. Be Healthy!



Tuesday, September 6, 2016

A Little Success Goes a Long Way

When I teach personal training seminars, I talk a lot about finding small victories.  Think about the good that is done mentally when someone reaches a goal.  The building of self-confidence and self-efficacy that can continue forward.  That momentum is important for adherence.

It is when motivation and momentum are both lost that and individual can lose track of their goals. Maybe they write off one day or one choice, or tell themselves that tomorrow will be different?  I know that once I learned that I could do it, I used that knowledge as a crutch and an excuse.  I would say to myself, "I will change or fix that issue tomorrow."  But tomorrow didn't come, only another excuse.

It is only when we search for that small victory each day (which might be maintenance), that we tend to have better focus and adherence to our new behaviors.

How will you win the day? I have packed my meals and have a lunch date with a row machine! 238.8

No comments:

Post a Comment