Welcome

Are you struggling to manage your weight? Read on to see if my knowledge, successes and failures can help you. Please comment and pass along to anyone who you think could benefit from this Blog. Be Healthy!



Thursday, December 6, 2012

What do your Actions Say about your Attitude?

I look at my lunch box/bag and shake my head.  I consider getting up early and packing my food but don't.  I rationalize a reason to eat out but don't enjoy it.

The mind is willing but the flesh is weak?...I had an interesting conversation with a student about Free Will.  His assertion was that we actually don't have free will.  That instead, we are programmed by generations of actions that cause us to act the way we act.  I see his point, but believe that it is a cop-out.

By no means am I a Biblical scholar, and the fact that God has offered us free-will but already knows our story can at times make my brain hurt.  But, I feel that our attitude and actions together tell the story about how we feel about our habits.  I may have tendencies and genetics or evolution and history against me, but every time I am still choosing to do or do not.

How can I have such success one season and such struggles another?  Is it because my DNA coding has changed or evolution has evolved.  It seems that my current state (of mind or stress, etc.) is what the difference is.  So I can change those areas to help influence my success...and I can pray for focus, to resolve the triggers, for health, for opportunity, for positive influence!

How do you truly feel about change?  Can you?  Do you really even want to? 220.2

No comments:

Post a Comment