Welcome

Are you struggling to manage your weight? Read on to see if my knowledge, successes and failures can help you. Please comment and pass along to anyone who you think could benefit from this Blog. Be Healthy!



Saturday, December 29, 2012

Cheating on My Diet

I probably don't think about 'Cheating' the same way that others do.  How can you cheat on your diet if you are right there.  Don't you know when your cramming donuts into your piehole?  I guess we can forget the amount of holiday cookies crushed into oblivion or mis-remember the actual amount of liquids imbibed during seasonal parties.  The point is that cheating is doing something and getting away with it.  Record amounts of sweets in a two week period will not let you get away with anything.  This is not cheating, it is temporary failing.  Quickly changed by getting back on track!

Cheating is liposcution; it is bariatric surgery; it is starving yourself.  These short-cuts may truly have a significant medical benefit and even some health improvements.

Let me be clear that there are reasons why individuals, for their health, use these procedures.  However, for a great many of us, for me, it seems like cheating.  From a spiritual perspective, should I not try to understand and correct my habitual issues?  Should I not try to support the temple with behaviors?  If I have a procedures and don't change my habits, what is the longterm benefit?

I must learn to change my thoughts and my actions.  I 100% believe that it can be done.  I might be predisposed to overweightness and a slower metabolism, but I get to decided what I eat, when I eat and how much I eat.  DNA is not structured to drive us toward Twinkies (may they rest in peace).  If genetics are the reason for obesity, why the dramatic increase in the last 3 decades? 

That's a ridiculous excuse.  I must take responsibility!  I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment