Welcome

Are you struggling to manage your weight? Read on to see if my knowledge, successes and failures can help you. Please comment and pass along to anyone who you think could benefit from this Blog. Be Healthy!



Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Don't Get Tripped up by Unrealistic Goals

If I could guarantee you that in 2 years you would lose 50 pounds, would you sign up?  You should.  Unless you have already found success, that is a great deal.

If you are shaking your head, is it because you think that 2 yrs is too long?  Well then you must be new to the world of the plump!  After losing weight and feeling great in college, I gained my weight back when I stopped managing my weight.  I had stopped eating right and working out.  I got kind of cocky; thinking that I could do it again if I needed to.

It has now been 16 years.  The last time I weighed 202 it was on the way up to 268.6.  Why do we get fixated on changing quickly.  Your bad habits were adopted and reinforced in multiple years and it is easier to behave badly.  Why would we think it should or would be different to change now?

Maybe the media has something to due with it.  We tend to think that slow progress towards our goals is failure.  Why?  A 1/2 a pound lost per week is a great goal and in 2 years this healthy process would have you in a great place to maintain as well.

On my current journey of loss, it has been a little over 3 years and I am now down 65+ pounds.  Should I feel bad that I didn't do it quicker?  Why would you?

No comments:

Post a Comment