Welcome

Are you struggling to manage your weight? Read on to see if my knowledge, successes and failures can help you. Please comment and pass along to anyone who you think could benefit from this Blog. Be Healthy!



Wednesday, September 7, 2011

What is Failure?

I am not happy with my current status.  I have been floating between 223 and 226 for the past 2 weeks.  I have been extremely busy with the beginning of school and the on set of a project.  I am trying to stay focused, but the longer my schedule is disrupted, the more I want to deviate from the plan. 

When it comes to habit formation and adherence, it seems that success is found in times of predictability and low stress.  Not to belittle this particular concern, but if you can think of someone that you know that has tried to stop drinking or smoking, it seems that the wagon drives on without them as life gets difficult.  Without stress, we would be less likely to reach for our coping mechanisms (hello pizza). 

But I am failing.  It's my blog and I say "no".  Now I feel better.

Seriously, I need to adjust my goals for activity, weight loss, number of times eating out, but I don't want to consider it a loss.  It shouldn't be a loss.  Losing is stopping.  I am not stopping.  I am simply changing my focus, pushing back a timeline.  I will still get to my destination, just not tomorrow.

The scale says 224.8.  Maintain, stay so what active, let the storm pass, and then get after it.

No comments:

Post a Comment