Welcome

Are you struggling to manage your weight? Read on to see if my knowledge, successes and failures can help you. Please comment and pass along to anyone who you think could benefit from this Blog. Be Healthy!



Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Conscious Commitment - Means No Excuses

Two weeks into a new found focus has me 7.4 pounds down and being more active.  Being consciously aware, means no excuses.  It doesn't mean perfection, but it does mean that I need to consistently aware of my surroundings and schedule.

When can I eat?  Will there be a microwave or oven?  When can I go for a walk or stretch?  Did i prepare enough food?  I am going to Chili's, what's on their menu that I want to eat?

I am not worried about being perfect, but I do have to be mindful of what I am doing and where I am.  This past weekend was my son's 14th birthday.  He lives in another city unfortunately, so I had to travel to spend time with him and my daughter.  Challenges are everywhere on a trip away from home, especially for a party environment!

Result was Grilled Chicken and Shrimp with rice at a restaurant and portion control at a pizza buffet.  It also included time at the mall to simply walk and people watch.  All toll, I gained .6 pounds.  I feel that was a victory.  Sure I gained a little, but it was kinda part of the plan to relax my choices for the weekend whilst keeping the integrity of the bigger picture.

Monday was good enough to erase that gain and lose more. 232.6

No comments:

Post a Comment