Welcome

Are you struggling to manage your weight? Read on to see if my knowledge, successes and failures can help you. Please comment and pass along to anyone who you think could benefit from this Blog. Be Healthy!



Thursday, February 12, 2015

Are Results Important?

There was a recent study released that suggested that exercise without the weight loss was still beneficial.  It makes sense, but it doesn't it make it less frustrating.

Really, health is my main goal.  Dieing is inevitable, but I don't want to be sick for years or have a disease that changes my independence.  That being said, I do want proof that what I am doing has a result.

The result can be easily found on the scale.  I found blood chemistry numbers from 2008 and compared them to a recent test in 2014.  All of the major factors related to heart disease were down.  LDL cholesterol, Blood pressure, Trigylcerides, Blood Sugar were all down.  And my HDL's were up (that's a good thing)!

I have changed my health damatically over the last 6 years.  But that is sometimes hard to remember when I look in the mirror or at the scale.  Large deposits of belly fat is still a concern.  But the point I wanted to make today is, changing your habits to be healthy have an enternal impact even if you cannot see an external change.

Lastly, don't get frustrated or down.  Your changes are benefitting you.  This past week I have fluctuated and not really lost.  But, I bet my blood chemistry hasn't gotten worse.  Keep fighting!  It is worth it! 229.6

No comments:

Post a Comment