Welcome

Are you struggling to manage your weight? Read on to see if my knowledge, successes and failures can help you. Please comment and pass along to anyone who you think could benefit from this Blog. Be Healthy!



Thursday, December 15, 2011

Former Fat Asses aren't Perfect

Weight management is not about perfection; the perfect diet, the perfect exercise regimen, or the perfect body.  Instead, the focus should always be health centric, with healthy lifetime habits.  Research suggests that will be the best way to find long term success.
- only 10% of dieters find success without exercise
- only 5% of those keep it off for 5 years
- studies suggest that health motivators prove to be more successful in weight loss and managment

Success, in this blog, is always defined as the long term effects of habit management.  Losing 20 pounds does not automatically promote success.  What type of weight was lsot, lean or fat?  How long did the weight stay off?  Did you compromise your diet or nutrition to get there?

It has been 3 years since I was termed a Fat Ass (read first post).  I am down nearly 40 pounds, and though I am a little higher than 6 months ago, I will continue to manage my choices to promote my health now.  I can wait to be more attractive or look better in a swimsuit, but my kids need me healthy for the rest of my life.  That foundation is being poured as we speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment